Regular Inconvenience caused by Bad Customer Service
Ph # 905-567-5834
I have been a customer of BELL since 2001 in Montreal, in Scarborough and in Mississauga. In mid September 2011 I informed Bell of my moving from my old address (811 Khan Mississauga Cres L5V-2R4) to my new address (5677 Freshwater Dr Mississauga L5M-7G2).
1. The customer services representative told me that my number 905-568-0870 cannot be moved to the new address.
2. I agreed to get a new number.
3. Since I wanted to keep my old number as well through a VOIP company namely (VBUZZER), the customer services representative advised me to first get my new number than I can process for PORTING my old number to another company.
4. He also told me that once my new number is activated than only BELL will give me a Reservation code for my old number to be ported.
5. I got a new number (905-567-5834) at my new location.
6. I talked to at least 20 Bell representatives keeping me on hold for 6 to 36 minutes and transferring me from one person to the other in 5 different days.
7. Finally I got a reservation # R-110-143-088 for my old number 905-568-0870.
8. Now I want the old number to be ported and everyone is telling a different procedure for porting out. Some say it has to be activated and others say that the reservation code is sufficient to port-out.
9. Today my new number (905-567-5834) is not working. On inquiry with Bell it was revealed to me that it has been ported-out which was neither authorized by me nor desired and certainly illogical. My whole effort is for porting-out the old number.
10. After having talked to 7 different representatives and waiting 14 59 = 64 minutes I have been advised to come to bell again as a new customer and get my new number (905-567-5834) reactivated.
11. I am told that the reactivation cannot be done today because it was ported out today so I have to wait for one more day.
12. Because of this deactivation my DSL service is not working as well.
13. Kindly take a serious action on this lapse and let some thorough professional; deal with this issue.
14. My number be restored immediately and I be compensated for the inconvenience and torture caused by incompetent representatives trying to de-market Bell.
15. I am a proud Canadian and was very happy with Bell. The current unwanted situation warrants that the senior management put a check to this kind of Bad customer service and confusion created by non professionals.
Zafar Ul Islam
5677 Freshwater Dr