I wanted to download music and software legally. So I searched the internet and came across download-provider.com. Here's my long and complicated story:
1) I searched the site for a rare song before joining. It showed that there were a few files on their site. The site was offering a three day trial for $4.87 US. I thought, okay, this is reasonable. So I joined. This leads me to problem two:
2) When I signed up for this site, I was automatically signed up for two other sites that I didn't agree to. Both sites charged the same amount. Site that I didn't even know were part of the deal. They lied...
3) I went in as a member...THEY DID NOT HAVE THE FILES THEY SAID THEY HAD!!! And some files had viruses! Not what you'd expect from a paying site...? And the files were no different than the ones you can find on download.com. Most files were trial based.
4) A month later, I was charged again, this time as a full time member. I HAD NEVER AGREED TO BECOME A FULL TIME MEMBER. There were no emails or notices stating that once you pass the 3 day trial, you are automatically a full time member. NONE. No where on the site did it say that you must cancel your account before the three days were up. And they provide NO way to cancel your account with them.
5) They do NOT respond to emails. I emailed them 4 times. Not a single response.
6) They BOMBARDED my email box with PORN. And I am not talking normal porn. I am talking the sick and twisted, make your stomach turn, wanna get an exorcist porn!
7) So they charged me again. I finally found out how to cancel the account. They've taken over $300 from me in a month!!!
I've cancelled my card. Apparently that is all I can do. I cancelled all three accounts...I will now have to close the email address I gave them. Does anyone know if they will leave you alone after you cancel your accounts? Or will they continue to send your personal information out?
DOWNLOAD PROVIDER IS A COMPLETE SCAM! BEWARE!!!