My wife received phone calls from a Jesse at Arc Accounts Recovery Corporation concerning a credit card debt at Amex. The woman said she was collecting the debt for Amex.
My wife told her that her that I, her husband, would be taking care of it and that we don't do business over the phone.
The phone calls continued and we received three letters in the mail over a period of time. Each time my wife told the lady that my husband is taking care of it and we don't do business over the phone.
The first letter was addressed to an all caps name with the last name written first. The letter had no author or autograph.
The second and third letters were addressed to an all caps name with no authors and were autographed but not comprehendable.
I wrote a letter asking for facts that could be used as evidence in a court of law.
I asked for
1. evidence as to the identity of these persons(the names written in all caps) as neither one of these all caps names is that of my wife(her name written in upper/lower case).
2. a certified copy of the documents giving ARC ACCOUNTS RECOVERY CORPORATION authorization to operate in Alberta.
3. the identity of the authors of the three letters.
4. and autographed statement by each of the three authors and the president of ARC stating that this action is not party to any conspiracy, fraud or mail fraud.
5. the intention of the unknown authors. If it is the intention of the unknown authors that either I the man: (upper/lower case name) or this woman: (upper/lower case name) accept the BILLS of these unknown authors?
I received a phone call the day that ARC received the letter. The lady would not answer any of the questions and kept evading any other questions that I had.
She stated that they would not be replying to by letter and wanted payment right away.
I told that I would be glad to comply as soon as my questions were answered so that I could verify that this was a legitimate claim.
The lady from ARC called the last two days when I was a work and keeps asking my to get me to call her.
What's the point? They refuse to answer my questions.