I have written out the following complaint and have filed it with the Competition Bureau, The RCMP and am currently looking for anyone else that has had probelms with SCI to come forward and be a part of a class action lawsuit against these criminals.
1. That you and your company had lured me into a contract through Deceptive Marketing Practices which made it appear to me as though I would be able to use the program of Real Estate Appraiser in Canada, when that was false.
2. That you and your company had performed Deceptive Marketing Practices by stating that you are a member of the Canadian Association of Distance Education, which is a company that has been dissolved. This is also deceptive because of the fact that the company that does exist which was formed after the former was dissolved has nothing to do with education and the public in any way shape or form and membership in that company is strictly for informational purposes alone for it's members. Stating that you and your company had Membership in the Canadian Association of Distance Education implied that your company was an accredited educational facility which if false.
3. That you and your company had performed Deceptive Marketing Practices by stating you also offer high school diplomas, which implies that you are an accredited school as well, which you are not. It is my understanding that even the High School Diploma is not accepted in Canada or the United States.
4. That I was informed in person by phone from employees of your firm and was given in print that I would be able to use this program in Canada for a career in Real Estate Appraising which is false. As this was done when it was factually false comprises what I believe the elements of fraud by you and your company.
5. That in your internet advertising you and your company performed Misleading and Deceptive Marketing Practices which is reflected by, but notwithstanding several other examples, of having the company and it's offerings available online at such sites as, http://www.collegeathome.com/school-reviews/stratford-career-institute, http://www.degree.net, where it states University Details / Stratford Career Institute Stratford Career Institute, http://www.getdegrees.com/i/stratford-career-institute, www.collegegrad.com/career/stratford-career-institute.shtml, http://www.citytowninfo.com/school-profiles/stratford-career-institute, Stratford Career Institute Degree Programs Review - College Degrees, and www.collegedegrees.com/school-reviews/stratford-career-institute/ These examples and more implied to me that Stratford Career Institute was accredited just the same as any University or College, when in fact they were not.
6. That after paying for and completing the program, you and your company had breached the agreement and did not provide a diploma to myself, and refused to refund my tuition when I had confronted you and your company about the failure of the course to have any merit.
7. That the program taken through your company was not accredited, or in any other way useful to me in any way whatsoever in the Real Estate Appraiser field anywhere in Canada, as it was promised to me in conversations with Stratford Career Institute.
8. That I had put forth time and effort to complete a program that was of no assistance to me.
9. That you and your company committed fraud when it S.C.I. was advertised using membership in some reputable institutes to imply credibility through these organizations, when some of these places never even existed or there was no membership by Stratford Career Institute.