Brought my vehicle to Ritson Collision in Oshawa after being rear ended. The price quote was fairly hight, but I wasnt paying so it wasnt really my concern. I wanted good quality work. (Note: I formerly owned an Auto Body shop, so I can spot quality or crap)
I gave them the job and the result was horrible. The work was clearly an attempt for Ritson Collision to cut corners and save themselves time and money.
Here is a list of problems/poor workmanship I found nearly instanltly after the work was complete. This was my tailgate that they had repaired and painted.
- Gate wasnt completly painted. The missed a huge section of paint near the top of the panel
- After a couple of days the primer was soaking through the black paint (Suggests perhaps only 1 coat of paint applied)
- Multiple fish eyes found (improper car prep wax, oil, dust left on car or moisture getting into the paint during application.)
- No clear coat sprayed!! Unbelievable. I had never seen this done EVER
- They quoted a VERY high price $$$. Even more than the Chevy Dealer!