After not having been a Bell customer for 8 months, I received a bill for $100 from them - wow, someone made a mistake there and it wasn't me. So I called them to iron it out; what ensued further reminded me why I voluntarily left Bell in the first place.
1) at 6pm, I called 310-SURF (7873) as per their website instructions; I was repeatedly told 'my call cannot be completed as dialed'. I tried from both my cell and landline; same response.
2) I called customer service for Bell mobility to ask to be transferred to Bell internet; I answered some prompts, was put on hold for 15 minutes, then got disconnected. I am in a city with good service so it had nothing to do with my phone; I recall this random disconnection with customer service also being a frequent issue whenever I called Bell back when I was a customer, so I wasn't surprised, but certainly pissed.
3) 6:20pm; called the same number again; followed prompts; got someone with a thick indian accent. Explained my situation; the lady said she would transfer me to the internet department. I was then put on hold for *53 minutes*, then disconnected. Sigh.
4) 7:15pm; called the same number again, followed prompts; finally got someone, I immediately asked to be transferred to the internet department. The person said they would; they put me on hold for 27 minutes, and when I got through, it turns out I wasn't transferred at all, but was transferred to someone else in the mobility department. I asked to be transferred please to the internet department, the new person said they couldn't do that, but they could give me the direct line to the internet department. Fantastic! Please, could I get it quickly before I might get disconnected again.
5) 8:00pm; called the direct number I was given to the internet department; followed prompts, was put on hold for 12 minutes; finally got someone with a thick accent, 'Amir', had some problems understanding him, did not help my patience at that point. Explained my issue, he said he would have to transfer me to the billing and account department. Was put on hold for 35 min. When I finally heard a voice, it was 'Amir' again, informing me that he's very sorry, but the accounts and billing department is closed and I would have to call back tomorrow.
6) Bell, you get extra points for your astonishing ability to waste the time of someone who (gladly) isn't even your customer anymore.