Spa Excelsior (situated in Montreal, Quebec) claims to have a package specifically designed for pregnant women. But, their staff is not trained to treat pregnant women!!! They are also thieves! They must be stopped!
I was 7 months pregnant when I went for what was supposed to be a 4-hour spa package. They delayed me to over 6 hours AND STILL did not give me all the treatments they were supposed to! First of all, they were slow and second of all, they gave me a massage therapist who physically (and then emotionally) HURT me when massaging me. When complaining to the Director of the Spa, Lucie, here were her answers (mind you, 2 weeks after my complaint and after 2 follow up calls):
1. "Maybe you were just in a bad mood that day", says Lucie to me... my comment back is "what is it any of your business what mood i was in? People come to a spa to relax and not be stressed out! " Also, "please keep your personal opinions to yourself".
2. Lucie claims that all her staff is trained and very experienced... if that were true why would her massage therapist ask me, with a huge pregnant belly, to lie down on my stomach!!! Everyone knows how it's impossible to lie on your stomch when you're that far ahead in your pregnancy and, how it's dangerous to do so!!! If she is a trained massage therapist, I wonder what shady place she received her training from! It's very easy to claim "experience" but how true is it? Should we look further into this?
3. "We gave you a gift certificate for the treatments you did not receive"... my comment back was "I have no desire to return to your spa so i just want a credit for the treatments i did not receive". The purpose of this weekend was to have a relaxing and calming weekend and that was ruined! Also, you screwed up so why should I pay for that?
4. Oh, i almost forgot. the conversation got heated when i asked her for her supervisor's name and she blatantly refused to give that to me and she then followed to "hang up the phone on me"- how professional, again!
5. Lucie conveniently says "we cannot guarantee that our treatments will be on time"- well, if that is the case, then that also makes your spa disorganized. How can you claim a 4 hour package, have your clients plan their days around it, delay them an extra 2 hours and still NOT finish their treatments and then justifiably have them pay for it? That's plain old stealing!!
Now, 1.5 months later, after following the Director of the Spa's recommendation to send a complaint email, I am still waiting for a reply AND, i called and left a message for the owner, Sylvie, who still has not yet returned my phone call!
Clearly, they are unprofessional, have a HUGE customer service problem and steal from you- they quickly debit your credit card for services not rendered!