The worst movers ever!
They like to claim they are the best movers but from top to bottom in my opinion they may be the worst. At least the Calgary branch is, so BUYER BEWARE!!!
There are so many issues with this move I will start from the beginning.
1) Drivers arrived 15 minutes late which I had to pay for. Not a huge deal on its own but it adds up in the end.
2) The truck had approximately 10 feet of space full from the day before, which if you look at other reviews, they seem to be famous for. This of course led to a second trip from Calgary to Airdrie, and approximately an extra 3 hours labor. A total unnecessary charge as usual. Drivers claim the “large amount of my furniture” would have filled their 26 foot truck. If this is the case they should all be looking for other jobs as any “good mover” could have easily loaded my extensive 2 bedroom furniture into this truck. The large amount of furniture was one living room set, 2 beds, 3 dressers, an armoire, a baby’s crib, a buffet, a washer and dryer (the only appliances), a TV stand, two tables and a desk. Very poor movers and very poor loader!
3) Drivers damaged the armoire after being told at least 3 times how it needed to be moved. Rather than listening they tried lifting their own way and broke the bottom of the piece due to their negligence. Again the damages to the armoire and the washer and dryer that they stacked were not a matter of large concern but again it adds up.
4) Drivers tried to “rent” us wardrobe boxes that were supposed to be free. As the computer had been packed I didn’t have that “in writing” and we just told them to stuff it. I’d rather not have them then get ripped off for boxes. It’s bad enough getting ripped off by this horrible company for their moving skills, or lack thereof, but I wasn’t adding the cost of “free” boxes to the list.
5) NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. If you call very rarely will anyone answer the phone and if you are moving that day you can be sure no one will answer the phone.
6) The drivers like to take extended breaks. Keep your eye on your watch when they are taking their “5 minute” break every hour.
7) Drivers did not put any boxes where they were supposed to go but simply bounced them down the stairs and piled boxes clearly marked fragile at the bottom of these piles.
8) Driver pretty much extorts you into signing the paperwork as they do not unload the truck until the contract is signed. Basically overcharged 3 hours of labor and 2 trip charges to Airdire.
9) When you point out any damages they tell you to call the office, but when you make the complaint they tell you it has to be made at the time. Good way of covering their asses and avoiding paying for any damages caused by their negligence.
10) The owner of the company Milana refused to deal with my complaint but basically tried to have the drive deal with it. Sound gutless to you? As the owner of the company you would think that their reputation and integrity would mean more to them than that.
If my review has in ANY way caused you to think twice about using these horrible movers please email me at thefantasian[email protected] I would like to pass along to them how much business they have lost due to their poor business practices. Your name or information will not be included in any way but I would love to keep them up to date on their losses! If you have had similar issues please post your horror story regarding “The WORST Movers Ever!! ”