I received a loan from CASH STORE #157 on Aug 23rd. After repaying I noticed several strange anomalies.
1. I was never ever given the option to be paid be paid by anything but their DEBIT card
2. I was never given a contract at time of transaction or ever offered one (people who access these loans are usually desperate for money and in a hurry at this store -front retail type business so are less careful to ask and do not notice )
3. I was never asked if I wanted insurance but it was given and charged with no literature or explanations of any kind what coverage I am receiving
4. I was never given a cardholder agreement and never apprised of the card charges or fees or told how to access the same on the internet (they keep the log-in information to themselves)
5. They will raise your loan amount from what you ask for to a higher amount to cover these high fees which are not advertised (for example on Aug. 23rd I asked for $340.00 and they put loan amount as $396.79 while I could only withdraw 340.00-you cannot access your loan without paying these extra fees so in reality the total loan cost exceeds the allowable) or it is an upfront cost. Without seeing your contract it is easy be oblivious to these extra high fees
6. I was charged to know my balance on the debit card I never wanted
Here are some of the hidden fees not told to customers
29.95 bank fee
17.95 activation fee
3.50 load card
2.95 withdraw cash
All this on top of the borrowing costs of 21.00 per 100 dollars
This business is involved in chicanery and fraud.