The menu cover declares this to be "Winnipeg s Oldest Operating Restaurant Since 1918." In it s early days, it was a busy dining room, open from early morning to late evening for breakfast, lunch, dinner; and anything in between. Constantine Vlassie, whose family owned the Chocolate Shop in its glory days, believes the restaurant s name was coined when the business began as a candy store and confectionery before expanding to become a restaurant. The Chocolate Shop was owned in it s early days by the Manos, Sgayias, and Ethans families. After the Second World War; Andrew Vlassie and his sons Emmanuel and Constantine purchased the business. It was truly a family operation with members of two or three generations on hand to look after the many customers. For it s first five or six decades, the Chocolate Shop was one of the most popular spots on the Avenue. The second-floor bakery was legendary for it s fancy pastries in the 1930 s and 1940 s, producing napoleons, chocolate eclairs, strawberry shortcakes, banana cream pies, a full range of fruit pies, and a host of other delicacies. At afternoon tea time, uniformed waitresses, circulated, offering trays of tempting dainties. As many as ten waitresses bustled from booth to booth from early breakfast to late dinner. There were white tablecloths, vases with flowers, and remote juke box units at every table. In the evenings and on weekends, moviegoers dropped in for dessert, hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream, and snacks. It was the place to go on "girls night out" and, of course, to spend time with the tea cup readers.
The Chocolate Shop is Winnipeg-based company (Manitoba, Canada) with a phone number 2049448202. Our data show that the company is located at the address: 268 Portage Ave. The company has a web site: www.thechocolateshoprestaurant.com.
Unfortunately сompany staff has not yet provided of company's activities, mission and detailed description.