To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" ; "Questions@tc.gc.ca" ; "email@example.com" ; "firstname.lastname@example.org" ; "email@example.com"
Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" ; "email@example.com" ; "firstname.lastname@example.org" ; "email@example.com" ; "firstname.lastname@example.org" ; "email@example.com" ; "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Sent: Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:04 PM
Subject: Demonstrated Lack of Customer Service from your Area-Manager email@example.com
Ombudsman of Canada Post
Honourable Denis Lebel, MP, PC. Minister responsible for Canada Post Corporation. House of Commons. Ottawa, ON. K1A 0A6
Appointed Minister responsible for Canada Post Corporation and also responsible for Transport, Infrastructure
Mr. Deepak Chopra. President and CEO. Canada Post Corporation. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Delivered via email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, denis.lebel@ parl.gc.ca, Questions@tc.gc.ca, email@example.com )
Dear Ombudsman and Honourable Denis Lebel and Mr. Chopra,
Please refer to the self-explanatory email that was sent to me from your Canada Post manager. Evidently, he has chosen to ignore a relevant customer concern. To date, in the past almost one calendar year, he has not even responded to my complaint, nor has he done anything about it.
• If this is the demonstrated attitude and level of responsibility demonstrated by your designated area managers to the ordinary taxpayers and Canadian public, what do you expect is the direction that they will provide to staff that they lead?
Please provide me a satisfactory written response within 7 calendar days.
NOTE: This message [and all references, attachments] is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It contains information that is privileged and confidential, and may be exempt from disclosure under law. Be aware that any other disclosure, Copying, distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by reply message and delete/ destroy all copies of this message. Information contained herein is to the best of sender's current knowledge and present ability in the available format.
&-- Forwarded Message &--
From: "LYTTLE, Tom"
To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" email@example.com Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 7:28 AM
Subject: Re: Provide the WRITTEN RENEWAL REMINDERS IN A TIMELY MANNER, PRIOR TO the EXPIRATION of the RENTAL-PERIOD" IN A TIMELY MANNER; Local Staff SHOULD be TRAINED APPROPRIATELY to NOT CHARGE A PO-Box Customer TWICE for the SAME RENTAL-PERIOD
Mr. Complainant has resurfaced. I will investigate but, will I respond?
From: complainant r complainant To: LYTTLE, Tom Sent: Mon Nov 08 22:14:24 2010
Subject: Provide the WRITTEN RENEWAL REMINDERS IN A TIMELY MANNER, PRIOR TO the EXPIRATION of the RENTAL-PERIOD" IN A TIMELY MANNER; Local Staff SHOULD be TRAINED APPROPRIATELY to NOT CHARGE A PO-Box Customer TWICE for the SAME RENTAL-PERIOD
Mr. Tom Lyttle, Retail Business Manager. Canada Post
[Delivered via email to Tom.Lyttle@canadapost.ca ]
1) On 18Oct10, I renewed my PO Box 9999 at the Canada Post outlet located in the Cloverdale Mall in the PharmaPlus at 250 The East Mall, Toronto, ONT.
2) From your website at http://www/canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgpostbox-e.asp I am given to understand that: "When Customers have rented a Postal Box, WRITTEN RENEWAL REMINDERS ARE TYPICALLY PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE END OF THE RENTAL PERIOD".
3) In speaking with Canada Post at (800)267-1177 AS WELL AS in speaking with the store manager Ms. Cheryl, I am given to understand that the first [of 3] written-notices are placed in the renter's postal-box commencing AT LEAST one calendar month PRIOR to the expiration-date of the current-rental-period.
- Ms. Cheryl told me on 18Oct10, that this should have been done by the postal-supervisor Mr. Rich Ricco.
4) NO such written-notices were provided to me AT ALL.
5) It was ONLY BY-CHANCE that I happened to inquire about the expiration-of-my-current-rental-period from the postal-clerk Ms. Elizabeth on 18Oct10.
6) Furthermore, I am also given to understand from USUAL AND REASONABLE AND LOGICAL business-practice AND PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL JUSTICE AND BASIC CONSUMER-LAW,
- AS WELL AS In speaking with Canada Post at (800)267-1177 AND in speaking with the store manager Ms. Cheryl, that a customer should NOT have to PAY TWICE for ANY RENTAL PERIOD.
7) Yet, on 18Oct10, the postal-clerk Ms. Elizabeth CONTINUED TO INSIST that I have to ONCE-AGAIN pay for the period from 18Oct10 THROUGH 31Oct10, [EVEN THOUGH I PAID for it EARLIER] SIMPLY BECAUSE I was RENEWING ON 18Oct10 [for the next 6 months].
8) It was ONLY when I asked for the store-manager, that the store-manager Ms. Cheryl told Ms. Elizabeth that this was BOTH UNRESONABLE AND ILLOGICAL TO ASK A CUSTOMER TO HAVE TO PAY TWICE FOR BEING CONSCIENTIOUS [by renewing AHEAD of the expiration-date].
• It was ONLY THEN that Ms. Elizabeth stopped insisting that I do not have to pay-twice for the period of 18Oct10 through 31Oct10.
9) Furthermore, it is UNREASONABLE for the postal-clerk Ms. Elizabeth to DEMAND that I HAVE TO PRESENT MYSELF ON 31OCT10 EXACTLY to do the renewal.
• It is ALSO CONTRARY TO the logo posted on Canada Post publicly-available brochures [numbered 802976, January 2007 edition] that "convenience is key".
10) REASONABLY AND LOGICALLY, ANY sub-agents of Canada Post must abide by Canada Post's PUBLICLY posted policy AND PUBLICLY stated position.
11) It is ALSO CONTRARY TO what is posted on Canada Post website at http://www/canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgpostbox-e.asp: "CONVENIENCE Postal Box" .. "payment for CONVENIENCE postal boxes must be PAID IN ADVANCE for the selected rental period".
12) Moving forward, I ask:
a) That the postal-supervisor Mr. Rich Ricco be instructed to provide the "WRITTEN RENEWAL REMINDERS PRIOR TO THE END OF THE RENTAL PERIOD" IN A TIMELY MANNER;
b) The postal-clerk Ms. Elizabeth be TRAINED APPROPRIATELY in NOT CHARGING A PO-Box CUSTOMER TWICE FOR THE SAME RENTAL PERIOD.
13) Please provide me a satisfactory WRITTEN response within 7 calendar days.
• I am NOT available for any verbal contact via phone on this matter. Furthermore, I am legally entitled to a written response to my written complaint.